New books...


Disclaimer by Renee Knight
I realised my tbr shelf was running low on thrillers, and seeing as this is the genre I find most easiest and quickest to read took it as a sign I should stock up. This one is about a woman who finds a novel in her home and begins to read it only to find the main character is her! Apparently this is very clever and full of twists.

Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
This one is about a girl who when she was eight was taken to live in a remote cabin by her father who told her that the rest of the world is gone. As she gets older she starts to doubt her fathers story... This one sounds very interesting and is supposed to be very dark and shocking. I'm looking forward to getting to it.


The Watchers by Neil Spring
As well as stocking up on thrillers I decided to try a few genres I don't usually tend to read which explains these next two. Firstly The Watchers is set in Wales and inspired by supposed alien sightings in the 1970s. A man is sent by the Ministry of Defence to investigate sightings he saw as a child... I was mainly drawn to this because of the beautiful cover- I'm not usually a sci-fi reader but this sounds like it could be interesting.

Faceless by Alyssa Sheinmel
I didn't realise until I got home that this is in fact YA because it was put in the wrong section (I'm really not a fan of YA fiction...) This is about a girl who is burnt in an accident and gets a face transplant and it looks at her struggle to find her own identity. Despite it being YA I will still definitely give this a try as I find anything to do with self identity very interesting (nerdy psychology student here!)

I'm definitely putting a ban on buying more books as I'm buying them quicker than I can read them lately and my tbr shelf is fit to burst...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.