Afternoon tea at Marks & Spencer...


As a recent convert to afternoon tea I couldn't resist trying the one offered at the Marks & Spencer cafe. Afternoon tea for two costs just £12 and comes with a choice of a tea or coffee. Food wise they are very generous with a big selection of sandwiches- we got a mixture of beef and horseradish, salmon, ham and cheese, and egg and cress (vegetarian options were available). on the next tier was a huge scone each- you could have plain or one with currants and a cute mini jar of jam each (you could pick the flavour) and a huge pot of clotted cream each. These were delicious although me and my Mum could only manage half each as they really were huge! Finally on the top tier was a pretty selection including two mini choux buns filled with cream (very yum), two macarons- we split these in half and shared them, the white one was vanilla flavour and was very tasty (also it was covered in glitter!) the pink one wasn't so good... it had a really tart orange jam in it which was kind of strange. Finally there were two mini cupcakes- chocolate and caramel and a raspberry and cream. I only tried an tiny piece of these as I was stuffed and I'm not a huge cake fan. I must admit I wasn't that keen on these. 

Overall the highlight for me were the sandwiches and scones.  The sandwiches were fresh and well packed with filling and really delicious and the scones were very very good. I think this Afternoon tea was brilliant value for money as they really are very generous with what you get and overall my Mum and I give it the thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.