August reading round up...

August was such a busy month for me I barely read anything, but here are my thoughts on the small selection I did read....

The Missing by C.L. Taylor (audiobook narrated by Clare Corbett)
Although I wasn't blown away by the previous book by this author I was on the hunt for a new audiobook to listen to whilst travelling and this one was read by my favourite narrator so I went for it. As usual Corbetts narration was brilliant but unfortunately the story was slow and boring. About a family who's teenage son has gone missing 6 months prior this thriller had no suspense or shocks- I guessed the ending very early on. There's so many better thrillers out there this just doesn't cut it! 2/5 

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Ware's debut In a Dark Dark Wood (review here) is already one of my favourites of this year and her second offering does not disappoint. Set aboard a claustrophobic cruise ship it follows journalist Lo as she tries to get to the bottom of what she believes to be a murder after hearing something on the first night. Well written, I was kept in suspense to the very end as like her first book Ware creates a group of interesting and suspicious characters, and puts them in an intense situation. All in all I really enjoyed it (I think even a little more than then first book) and recommend if you love a high quality thriller. 4.5/5

Giant Days Vol.1 by John Allison & Lissa Treiman
About Three very different girls who become friends when they start at the same university this is just brilliant! Funny, witty, relateable and warm it's everything I want from a comic, and it took me back to my awkward teenage years! 4.5/5

Favourite single issues...


 

So that was it for this month, let me know if you have any recommendations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.