Recently watched...




Tallulah (2016)
A Netflix film starring Ellen Page and Allison Janney this is about a young woman who kind of accidentally abducts a child thinking she's doing the right thing. Page and Janney were brilliant in this and althought it posed a few interesting questions I felt there was something missing, still worth watching though. 3/5

The Lobster (2015)
This is a strangely brilliant film set in a future whereby if you are single you are transported to a hotel where you must find a partner within 45 days or get turned into an animal of your choice! Just to make it weirder you get to earn bonus days if you manage to shoot a wild loner on hunting expeditions. I really enjoyed this, everything about it was quirky right down to the purposely awkward acting, and Colin Farrell really suited this style. So many interesting questions were posed about love, relationships, and being single. I am definitely going to look up more of the directors work. 4.5/5

Brooklyn (2016)
Set in the 1950s this follows an Irish immigrant who falls in love with a plumber in Brooklyn but is torn when she goes back home and meets another man. This was a bit of a meh film for me, although the film looked beautiful it was obvious where it was going. I personally found the sisters story the most interesting (and heartbreaking) but this was a nice enough film to spend a Sunday afternoon watching. 3/5 

Suicide Squad (2016)
To be honest I was in no rush to see this but there has been nothing at the cinema lately! I've never been a fan of the Suicide Squad in the comics so didn't expect tor really be blown away and I wasn't! There was nothing by way of story- just villain wants to take over world (for some unexplained reasons) and the (non) heroes have to stop them. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a good superhero film but I feel they could have really gone down the Deadpool route with this and made it so much more entertaining. As it stands it was very choppy (where they'd clearly edited it) and it bored me, and a lot of the characters barely said or did anything (mainly thinking of Katana). On the plus Viola Davis as Amanda Waller was perfect! Please DC make sure Wonder Woman is amazing! 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.