The Halloween music playlist...


Here are my Halloween music picks for this year...


1. Siouxsie and the Banshees- Halloween
Let's start with a classic! Halloween is the perfect time to listen to the Banshees- they even wrote a song about it :)


2. Deadboy & the Elephantmen- Stop, I'm Already Dead
I chose this one because it's used in the opening credits to my new favourite show iZombie, but it's also a great song with a really unusual structure.


3. Thelma Plum- Monsters
The perfect chilled out song to listen to if you are having a relaxing Halloween night.


4. Cocteau Twins- Beatrix
The perfect song to listen to at night surrounded by candles and channelling your inner goth


5. Garbage- blackout
Of course I had to put my favourite band in the playlist somewhere. This song is perfect to crank up when your getting ready if you are going out this Halloween.


6. Buffy The Vampire Slayer- Let Me Rest in Peace
You can't beat a bit of Buffy and seeing as I listen to the soundtrack to the musical episode One More With Feeling on a regular basis I had to add this song sang by my favourite character Spike. To be honest I think this is a great song on it's own anyway.



7. Kate Bush- The Wedding List
A song about a bride who gets revenge on the man who shoots her groom dead this is a pretty good song to listen to before you start your horror film marathon! The above video features Kate acting out the song in her fantastically unique and weird way. 



8. Hannah Peel- Pale Green Ghosts
This is the perfect time of year to listen to some ice cold electro pop and this song has a creepy Halloween feel to it.


9. Dusty Springfield- Spooky
A total classic, this is perfect if you are having a lazy Halloween night in the bath with a book. 


10. David Bowie- Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)
Finally this song is perfect to play at your creepy Halloween party!

I hope you enjoyed this post and that you have a fun Halloween whatever you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.