The reading tag...


Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
Generally I prefer to read in bed, all cosy with my Pyjamas but if I'm really enjoying a book then I'll read it wherever. 

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Pretty much whatever I can grab that's nearest to me, which is usually a scrap of paper or a tissue. Folding down the page is the LAST RESORT!

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
Under no circumstance can I stop reading until I get to the end of a chapter. I take that really seriously. ಠ~ಠ

Do you eat or drink when reading?
Not usually, I like to give the book my whole attention, also it's awkward holding a book and eating.

One book at a time or several at once?
I struggle to read more than one book as I tend to get mixed up, and I have a terrible memory so it's a disaster!

Reading at home or everywhere?
I prefer to read at home, as out and about it tends to be too loud to concentrate and I prefer to just listen to music.

Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head. I used to hate it at school when the teacher would make you read out loud. I could read a whole page out loud and not be able to tell you a single thing about what it said. I think it's far easier to get lost in a book when you are reading it in your head.

Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
No. Although sometimes it's tempting. Ok, I admit I sometimes skip a few lines if the writer is going on a bit. Really detailed description can bore me sometimes.

Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I'm not too bothered as I get a lot of my books second hand so the spine is already broken. Ever since I was a kid I have loved that new book smell though :)

Do you ever write in books?
I tend to always have mini post it notes when I read to highlight quotes that I like, I prefer not to write in them.

What are you currently reading?
Right now I am about to start The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey which I'm looking forward to as I've read so many great reviews.

I wasn't tagged by anyone but I've seen a few bloggers do this and thought I'd give it a go. If you want to do it too then I tag you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to do this tag! :D I love your answers!

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.