Recently watched...



Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)
I remember going to see the first Independence Day film back in 1996 and really enjoying it. Being an appreciator of the legend that is Jeff Goldblum I still enjoy the film now. Unfortunately I found the sequel to be a big disappointment. The actors from the first film seemed like they really didn't want to be there, and the new actors (especially Liam Hemsworth) had their cringe dials turned up to 11. Although the film had all the cheese of the first one it lacked the humour. 1/5

Ghostbusters (2016)
I still don't understand why this film has had so much hate considering the amount of mediocre reboots we've have over the past few years that have gone down fine *cough* Jurassic World *cough*. I for one was looking forward to this as I am a big fan of Kristen Wiig and also really like Melissa McCarthy. I really enjoyed it! I thought it was really funny, there was great chemistry between the four leads and it was a lot of fun. Kate McKinnon's Holtzman was the stand out character for me and one of the best parts of the film was when she went full on badass. Chris Hemsworth should do more comedy as he was brilliant as hapless receptionist Kevin also. Ignore the hate and go and see it! 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.