New books...


I fell off the wagon of my book buying ban *oops* here are my new book purchases...

Granta 127: Japan
Granta is a magazine of new writing and is essentially a short story and essay collection. This edition showcases contributions all with the theme of Japan with the majority of the writers being Japanese. I found out about this from one of my favourite book-tubers Elena Reads Books and bought it cheap on ebay- I couldn't resist as I have a big interest in Japanese culture and am looking forward to delving into this.

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
I've been wanting to get a copy of this for a long time after hearing about it on book-tube (which is a constant enabler to my book buying habit) but for some reason couldn't find it anywhere until I saw it in Tesco and grabbed it. I read this one straight away and will post a review in my next round up but this is about a woman who seems to have a perfect life until a documentary of an incident that happened when she was a teenager changes things.

The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley
This was an impulse buy due to the nice cover but I've since heard a lot of good things about this gothic horror. About two brothers, one mute and one his protector they with their family visit a shrine every year hoping for a cure where the boys are left alone.Years later one of them is now an adult, and a child's body is found. Sorry the blurb is really vague so that probably didn't make much sense, but it sounds like it could be a really creepy and intriguing read! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.