Recently watched...

Here are the things I've been watching lately...


What Maisie Knew (2012)
The story of six year old Maisie whose parents fight for custody over her and seem more interested in getting one over on the other than her. The film is from the perspective of Masie which gives it a childlike innocence. At times it's heartbreaking, but the relationship she forms with her new stepmother and stepfather is ridiculously sweet. Onate Aprile who plays Maisie is brilliant. Overall this is a lovely film. 4/5 


Our Idiot Brother (2011)
If I had to describe this film in one word it would be: mediocre. The story had potential as the one sibling who hadn't got his life together, but sadly is was disappointing. For a comedy I can't really remember any overly funny moments other than the odd gentle laugh. Generally I like Paul Rudd, and he was very likeable here, and Steve Coogan was quite amusing too but other than that it was completely forgettable. 2/5


The Way Way Back (2013)
This was a feel good coming of age story that offered nothing new but was a nice watch all the same. Sam Rockwell stole the show as the fun loving pool park owner who befriends and gives lonely kid Duncan a holiday job. I liked the fact the film didn't descend into horrible cheesiness and instead kept it light, subtle and funny. It also made an interesting change to see Steve Carell play someone who wasn't completely loveable (in fact he was a total bastard!) Basically I felt this was Adventureland but good! (I hated that film...) 4/5


The X Files
This is my latest TV show obsession. I've decided to work my way through from the beginning. I love this show so much: Mulder and Scully are total badasses, I love Scullys snarkiness, and Mulders Dad jokes. I'm just getting to the end of series one, and there has been many amusing fashion choices too!

What have you been watching lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.